Building a Christian Church Website
Step One -
First: your purpose?
Second: what to include?
Third: decide on the structure.
So You Want to Build a Christian Church Website?Here are some questions to consider
#1. What is your purpose?
- So people can find you
- To bless your church with pictures of your events and copies of your study notes
- To evangelize through recordings of your teachings
- To make people feel more comfortable with the idea of coming to your church by telling them what to expect and showing them pictures of you and your church
- Contact info: email, phone number, address
- Meeting times
- Pastor's bio
- Your doctrine and purpose statement
- Recordings of your teachings
- Put most important stuff on front page: contact email, address, meeting times, map to church
- Pastor's bio
- Pictures of church
- All services
- Special events
- Email address
- Bible study meeting address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Staff email addresses
- Map to Bible studies
- Home page
- About us
Keep your church website pages simple...
Keep it simple, clean and plainly present your info - don't try for something cool:
- No unnecessary words, use short lines and bullet points
- Studies show people do not read webpages like printed material
- "Web text should be short, scannable, and approachable. Typically, you should write half as many words for the web as you would for print. If targeting a broad consumer audience that includes people with no or little education, it's better to aim at 25 percent of the print word-count. And in web writing, it's always best to start with the conclusion, so that people who read only the first line or two on a page still get the main point."
- Understand eye patterns - (think Z)
- Don't reinvent a new navigation idea
- Cross browser compatibility - Screen size and platform
- Your website must work on different screen sizes, including all mobile devices
- This requires a lot of work but is extremely important
Cost is around $30 per year - be careful where you buy it, there are a lot of scams. Regional domains (eg. .hu) are more expensive and harder to get but you should get one if it best fits your client base. With your own domain name you can move where your webpage is stored at anytime. You can move it wherever and whenever you desire. We sell domain names, contact us for more info.
Church website hosting
- $149 per year up
- Lots of choices, don't buy more than you need, you can always change
- Don't be tricked by cheap (including free) charges for websites and hosting, that will cost you more money in the long run
- We offer very high quality website hosting, contact us for more info.
- Don't even try it unless you are willing to spend lots of time working on your webpage
- Depends on how you build your page
- There are many tricks to improve your placing
- Via an internet page
- If you create you own logo, when you ask for people's opinions, be absolutely sure you ask people who will tell you the truth
- Neither creating a logo, nor finding someone that will tell you the truth about it, is easy to do